Friday, February 6, 2015

Gift Crafting for Next Christmas - Cowls

This month, I am working to fill my gift trove with a few of the many styles and sizes of cowl designs available.  Cowls, or infinity scarves, make great gifts for men, women, or children.  I prefer their circular design over a scarf because they will not fall off.

Below is one that I've finished recently - the Armonika Cowl,  by Rutast Design, which is a free pattern on Ravelry.*

It is a simple pattern with a lovely texture.  You can make it short (as I did), or long enough to wrap twice around your neck.  I used Madelinetosh Chunky yarn.


The next one will be knit as a gift for my husband in some Paton's Classic Wool from my stash. 


I've started working on another cowl called the Conjunction Cowl by Susie White also on Ravelry.  I am knitting it in two sport weight yarns from Knit Picks Wool of the Andes: Amethyst Heather, and Dove Heather. 



Although this design looks complicated, it is very easy.  Here is what mine looks like so far.


Two other cowls are in my queue which I hope to get to over the next few months. 

I plan to try my hand at some double knitting with the Stacked Triangles Double-Knit Cowl by Tanya Today. The designer describes her cowl as knit in the round making a double thick reversible statement piece.  I will be using scrap yarn from my stash for this one.

Last, but not least, I have ordered Palette yarn in 5 shades of teal, which I will pair with vanilla to make the Leftover Cowl by Wendy D. Johnson.
This coloful cowl is the perfect project to use up leftover yarn in your collection, or a perfect excuse for buying multiple mini-skeins of fingering weight yarn (as I am).  I am knitting this as a gift for my daughter.  It will go with her coat nicely.

Only 11 months until Christmas.
Let's get crafting♥
*Ravelry is a knitting/crocheting/weaving community with an amazing patterns and tutorials.  It is free to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment