Wednesday, October 3, 2012

W.I.P.

Another finish this week (hooray!).  The block of the month project #8 Pillowcase dress and tutorial are done, finally.

Fabrics are from Laurie Wisbrun's Organic Cotton Modern Whimsy
It turned out pretty cute I think.  You can see the tutorial here.

These are some stockings I finished this week.


I'm making progress on my hand pieced hexagon runner too. It is the right size now; I just need to figure out how I want to finish it.

Fabrics from Basic Grey's Blitzen line.


My daughter and I are still working on the little boys quilt from last week.  We only had an hour to sew on it though, so weren't able to finish piecing the top.


Have you checked out the video classes on Craftsy?  I recently watched two very interesting ones  - Stitch and Slash by Carol Ann Waugh, and Inspired Modern Quilts by Elizabeth Hartman.  They gave me several ideas for new projects.  Why is it that before I finish my current works in progress, I am already planning three more?

What have you been working on lately?

P. S. Be sure to check out the Freshly Pieced, and Quiltsy Blogs to see other works in progress, and to link up your projects.   

P.P.S. In case you missed it, I am offering some free fabric in exchange for a tutorial using it.  If any of you tutorial making quilters are interested, please see this post. 


7 comments:

  1. "some stockings"?! That is an impressive stack! And your hexies are simply beautiful. Keep up the good stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK at those adorable stockings, and that pillowcase dress, and those hexies! You're making me swoon with quilty goodness. Great job on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable dress and I love the stockings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little girls in pillow case dresses are SO cute! Love the fabric you used!
    And your stockings and table runner are so great for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sure on the ball getting all those stockings done! Thanks so much for linking up to wip Wednesday, where I am having a fun day guest-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job getting the stockings done!
    I have also been watching the Elizabeth Hartman craftsy course and I'm loving the ideas that its inspired. Can't wait to apply what I have learnt to a few more quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, all your creations are beautiful!! I just discovered your beautiful blog and I can assure you that I will visit you often with me, today you have a new follower. Hopefully you have a minute to visit my blog :
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/
    Have a nice day, Marisa.

    ReplyDelete